one of my first vegan (vegan is just easier if you are not eating gluten or dairy) recipes that i whipped up this week was a rice noodle stir fry. simple basic and delicious. i have to say now that it is day four, i am not finding it too bad the whole avoidance thing and i am actually enjoying getting creative with my food!
- vermicelli rice noodles (two bunches)
- one cup chopped cabbage
- half a zucchini
- one half spanish red pepper
- one half an onion
- one cup firm tofu (marinate it in gluten free soy sauce first for good flavour)
- ample gluten free soy sauce, salt pepper
- two tbsp of a stir fry sauce (i used orange and ginger)
sauté onions in a frying pan or wok until tender with salt and pepper. add all chopped vegetables until slightly soft on a medium heat. whilst this is cooking let the noodles cook in a bowl of boiling water for five minutes then drain. add noodles and chopped tofu to pan with soy and stir fry sauce stirring often on a medium high heat. voila! tasty food without the animal bi-products!