i know i am a few days late but i think it is important...absolutely vital really...to share your new year resolutions with a vast audience so that you actually feel obligated to do them so not to let the public down. thus i have a made up a somewhat realistic list of things that i would like to accomplish this year. here it goes.
- overall i think you must put yourself into a mindset for a new year. this year i would like to be generally a more positive and patient person. happy people attract happy people. enough said. subsequently i think that no person can have too much patience especially in a world that is so instant and demanding. amen to that.
- i would love to master the art of indian cooking. i have yet to make (from scratch) my own curry sauce or roti skin so this year i would like to learn. tips and pointers welcome from any of you who may have conquered this cuisine.
- routine. don't you just love this word. it means order and organization and energy and all sorts of other good stuff. this year, i would like to reconfigure my schedule to resemble some sort of routine. yes that would be nice. first step is to buy an agenda.
- healthy is how i would like to feel this year. i would love to try and eat less from packages and wrappers. yes this includes my beloved diet coke. i want to cut back on foods that are full of preservatives and focus on ones that are whole and healthy. maybe i will even see the inside of my gym this year too? would love to at least try a pilates or zumba class. i hear they are amazing and once you get into a ROUTINE you stay in one. perfect i say.
- this is the year of travelling. i am graduating university this year (when did that happen?) and i am going to stop being such a wuss and try to get out there more. even if i don't have friends to do it with me. in the weeks to come i will share some of the places i plan on venturing to!
- this year i need to start being a saver. after graduation i will not be returning home so i have to be aware, like really aware, of my spending habits. i love to shop and i love fashion so it will be a challenge but i have to start thinking about savings in a long term sense. i think they call that being a grown-up but i am not sure.
- less television this year please. with the internet so quick to download just about every television series imaginable, i find myself on many occasions in a daze in front of my comp watching absolute rubbish about rich women discussing botox and feather hair extensions. i must stop this at once and open up a book unrelated to school or something.
so there you have it folks. if you catch me doing anything i am not suppose to be doing (like blogging about all the shoes i bought one weekend or the 12 litres of diet coke i drank one evening) then just write me a little comment and say STOP IT.
happy new year all.